Eating Before a workout
- carbohydrates (simple and complex)
- They break down to provide a slow release of energy
- Try whole grains, peanut butter, or bananas
- Greek yogurt and trail mix
- Smoothies (making your own is better, unless you know exactly what your drinking)
- Oatmeal and fruit keeps you full and hydrated
Eating After a workout:
- Protein and vegetables
- You need something nutritious to fill you up when in recovery mode
- omelette (eggs are great for muscle recovery)
- Salmon and sweet potatoes are great for reducing inflammation
- Surprisingly chocolate milk has enough carbs and protein to help you recover after a workout!
1. Stretching or 10 minuites light cardio
2. Circuit training (max 30 mins)
3. Free weights/machine weights
4. Light cardio
This would be a typical whole-body workout. This seems to be showing great results and is working for me!
- Pick a gym near your work so you can go right after or before work
- Workout with a friend (this is what I do)
- Have good music on hand
- Bring a book/magazine
- Have a gym jar and place a dollar in it every time you go to the gym and at the end of the month, buy something you want with it!
- Great Workout clothes!!